Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Stop touching me




"Why can't anyone hear me? Is my story not important or interesting? You told me you'd listen if there was ever a problem so why do you tune me out when I try and tell you something is wrong..."

"It didn't happen to me, why should I care?"
"No one listened to me, why should I listen to you if no one was there for me."
"Sorry, I'm just gonna turn my head."
"Why is it such a problem? It happens all the time."
"I'm too busy for this. Can't you tell someone else?"
"I told you I'd listen but... really I'm not interested.
"Sorry, what? I don't see the problem."
"Just don't tell anyone. That's what I did and I turned out ok."
"Tell a therapist or teacher, not me."
"Why didn't you defend yourself? You let it happen."
"Sorry, I'm good friends with that guy. I'm not about to believe you."
"...Why don't you try telling me? Or is it too late to undo the damage?"

No comments:

Post a Comment